Friday, January 30, 2015

Spinning Babies - Love that Gail Tully!

You just gotta love a woman who gives like this mother of birth movement education.  I had the privilege what seems like eons (a decade and a half) ago, to be trained as a doula by this remarkable lady.  She is still so near and dear to my heart - even though we've not spoken in months!

When you're in labor, especially if you're experiencing back labor, the last thing you want to be doing is trying to figure out what position you should be in for best fetal motion and tilt and angle and and and...

Gail makes it look so easy.  She's a natural teacher, and so gentle.  Her hands have magical love beams coming out of them.  OK, I might be exaggerating, but only slightly.  I promise.

If you're an expecting parent, get a load of these online classes.  You will be so glad you prepared yourself fully when the Big Day comes along.  If you're a doula/midwife, you cannot afford to practice another minute without these techniques.

http://muvi.es/w6753/330222


Turning a Breech

Trust me, you can take all the usual childbirth prep classes you want, but as a doula, the one thing I use the most in birth is OFP.

OFP = Optimal Foetal Positioning  or MFP = Maternal Foetal Positioning 
(Yeah, Canadian spelling, ey?)

That means we get the mama into her best position/pose/tilt to allow the baby to get into their best position/angle/tuck.  Because babies will.  They want to be born easy.  They do.  Our bad posture becomes an obstacle to baby's proper descent at times.  But you can correct the problem.

Doulas, midwives, partners...  You need to see this movie too.  Understanding these techniques by watching and listening to Gail yourself is like having a secret weapon in your arsenal of birth tools.  These concepts make me a super hero at complicated births.  They really do.  I feel fine to admit that. No shame.  Gail - the Spinning Babies lady turned me into a super hero almost 2 decades ago.  It's her fault that I have such an incredible low cesarean % rate.  Maybe if her techniques didn't work so good, I wouldn't have such an ego.  Thanks, Gail - you are the best!

Do you want your birth to go smoother, safer, easier?  Do you want to help your clients' births to go smoother, safer, easier?  Want to lower your practice's cesarean rate?  Learn these techniques.  Employ them.  Don't wait.  It's totally worth every penny and more.

http://muvi.es/w6753/330222

Imagine me looking at you with that weird eyebrow thing now, where my eyebrows are saying why haven't you clicked the link yet...?  Yeah, I feel quirky today.  Can you blame me?  It's like the weekend has almost started!  And Spinning Babies is accessible right on your computer anywhere in the world.  It's like Christmas!

Have a great weekend, People of the Birthing Planet!
Anne


No comments:

Post a Comment